Nothing in life is of any value unless it is shared with others.
"Notes" of An Elder is a depository of pertinent information, knowledge and wisdom. Available weekly will be an elder's "thinking menu" for your use. Enjoy this bounty.
- List 10 things you like about yourself.
- Your friends bring out the best in you and help make you a better person.
- Empty your mind as much as possible. The clearer your mind is, the quicker and easier the process will be.
- “When you learn, teach, when you get, give.” ― Maya Angelou
- What’s the secret to a good life ― good relationships.
- Have you reached your full learning potential?
- Selfless good deeds are lovely but don’t forget to be kind to yourself.
- Jobs are plentiful; workers are not.
How much are you willing to:
- Pay & Tolerate
- Change & Fail
- Risk & Preserve
- Suffer & Sacrifice
- Every single person is concealing something.
- Are you learning to listen and listening to learn?
- I am grateful for the people in my life, even those who have caused me pain.
- Successful people don’t stop learning. They make learning a daily habit.
- “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Today’s world glorifies consumption.
- The purpose is about using your unique gifts in the best and most fulfilling way possible.
What do you want most out of life?