"Notes" of An Elder
It is not about your past or future. It is about realizing that your greatest power lies in who you can be in the present.
Nothing in life is of any value unless it is shared with others.
"Notes" of An Elder is a depository of pertinent information, knowledge and wisdom. Available weekly will be an elder's "thinking menu" for your use. Enjoy this bounty.
- You are where you are today because of the choice you made yesterday.
- No one is entitled to anything but opportunity.
- The vast majority of your life is decided by how you respond to its circumstances.
- Saying yes to everything puts you on the fast track to a regretful existence.
- It is not about your past or future. It is about realizing that your greatest power lies in who you can be in the present.
- Life is a drama of decision-making.
- "My life is one long obstacle course with me as the chief obstacle." — Jack Parr
- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever has.
Seeking the Truth
Three critical aspects of the truth:
- We must tell the truth.
- We must believe the truth.
- We must live the truth.
- The gift of failure is that it shines a spotlight on your biggest growth opportunities.
- The moment you stop learning, testing, and trying is the moment you go backwards.
- You have to risk a little crazy if you ever hope to escape the gravitational pull of the ordinary.
- Never be ashamed to let your feelings, smiles, and tears shine a light on this world.
- Sometimes we need less — not more.
- When someone hears your name, they have certain expectations.
- What we love is never true of flaws.
What does my ideal day look like?