Nothing in life is of any value unless it is shared with others.
"Notes" of An Elder is a depository of pertinent information, knowledge and wisdom. Available weekly will be an elder's "thinking menu" for your use. Enjoy this bounty.
- The only way to move into the future is to let go of the past and to immerse oneself in the present.
- Be open to other points of view. They might prove better than your own.
- Cooperation is a two-letter word: "We."
- Self-Awareness: Seeing yourself through others' eyes and liking what you see.
- Half the skill of being educated is learning what you can ignore.
- The main function of language is not to express but to influence.
- Life is a constant perpetual battle for self-preservation and survival.
- Sometimes we don't realize how important something is until it is taken away.
- What can you do?
- What can you learn?
- Who can you help?
- Where can you make the greatest difference?
- Turn your problems into positive growth opportunities.
- Freedom of speech has its boundaries.
- "All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Don't work for someone you don't want to become.
- I reserve the right to select my friends, heroes, mentors, and enemies. It is a unique freedom that I greatly value.
- If you start keeping score, the game is over.
- Dream big but take lots of small steps.
What could I do to make tomorrow better?