Nothing in life is of any value unless it is shared with others.
"Notes" of An Elder is a depository of pertinent information, knowledge and wisdom. Available weekly will be an elder's "thinking menu" for your use. Enjoy this bounty.
- Success requires being proactive and not waiting for life to come to you. It means you're on the offense, not the defense. You're active, not passive.
- Self-management is our ability to manage our behaviors, thoughts, and emotions in a conscious and productive way.
- It's hard to reach your full potential until you carefully examine and articulate what matters most to you and decide what you want to do with your life.
- Perhaps the most human skill of all is empathy ― the capacity to understand another person's experiences and point of view.
- Change will not slow down, nor will existing systems suddenly become fair and just.
- Success starts and ends with you.
- The consequences of deceit are visually greater than the ones of truth.
- Leaders learn from adversity. They believe that mistakes can lead to growth and progress.
4 Energy Sources
- Physical Energy
- Emotional Energy
- Mental Energy
- Spiritual Energy
- Taking charge of your own learning is crucial.
- We trust people who we think hear us, understand us, and can empathize with our realities and their own.
- Being comfortable with the comfortable requires regularly challenging the status quo.
- Complaining is a negative way of thinking that only leads to more negativity.
- Don't change who you are to be socially accepted.
- Sometimes people are not so much in love as they are in need of an audience.
- Each of us will die, and none of us knows when. But what if we did? What if we were told the year, month, week, and the day we would die? How would that change our lives and behavior?
- What you do not want to be done to you, do not do to others.
- "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." ― Marcus Aurelius
- A theory isn't true just because we prove it, and it isn't false just because we can't.
- Truth is not for your comfort. It's for your liberation.
What aspects of your life might benefit from more modesty?