Not reacting from the past, not reacting out of fear of the future, we learn to respond to life just as it is. We learn the power of being in the new moment filled with self-trust, self-discipline, and self-love.
The weekly Sunday Thinking newsletter is quick-hit content that aims to provide a booster shot to your thought process as you end and start your week.
I. Leading Into the Future
Three essentials for leading a successful team:
- Alignment ― The team has a shared understanding of its mission.
- Execution ― The team is able to communicate, collaborate, and progress toward its goals.
- Renewal ― The team is able to take time for personal recovery and respond to change.
Source: McKinsey & Company
II. The Power of Journaling
6 reasons to keep a daily journal:
- To record where you are winning.
- To note areas for improvement.
- To write about what you are learning.
- To codify beautiful moments.
- To process through pain.
- To commit to higher ambitions.
“Reclaiming our power, healing ourselves, loving ourselves, knowing ourselves – these phrases are becoming more and more common, why? Because they are the pathways to our own freedom and happiness.” ― Yung Pueblo
III. Stay Devoted to Elevating
The greatest privilege of leadership is to shine a light on the gifts and talents of others. While pursuing excellence, stay devoted to elevating the lives you touch and leaving your world better than you found it:
- To turn darkness into light and calamity into victory is the very nature of leadership ― and heroism.
- Deep change can yield profound growth if we seek to wander within the mess.
- In a world that reveres superficiality, go deep. In a world that honors distractions, be focused. In a world that suggests selfishness, serve.
- Do not deface your mind with worry. Do not degrade your heart with hate. Do not deny your soul its greatness. You are meant for majesty. It’s not too late.
Source: Robin Sharma, The Everyday Hero
IV. What We’re Excited About
Join a curated community for experienced startup leaders.
Whether you’re looking to lead a world-changing startup or you’re ready to expand your impact in your current role, you’ll go further faster with 1:1 executive coaching, expert-led workshops, and access to a world-class peer community.
What are the aspects of you that have been neglected? Who are you beyond your day job?
VII. This Week, I Will
- Slow down and just be.
- Be my own cheerleader.
- Make someone feel special.
- Remember how far I've come.
- Celebrate the blessings of living.
The Last Words…
Interested in partnering with The Daily Coach?
Email us at [email protected]