"As a coach, I care less about your potential and more about what you do with it. The world is full of gifted underachievers. Don't waste your gift."
The weekly Sunday Thinking newsletter is quick-hit content that aims to provide a booster shot to your thought process as you end and start your week.
I. Leadership Reimagined
The words “leader and coach” have adopted a new significance in today’s age. Realize each of us can be a leader in our daily lives and make a positive difference, whatever our title or position.
- Leaders don’t have to be perfect.
- Leaders don’t have to have all the answers.
- Leaders don’t have to be extroverts.
- Leaders don’t have to be stoic.
- Leaders have to be humble.
- Leaders have to be intentional.
- Leaders have to be committed.
- Leaders have to be confident.
- Leaders have to care.
Source: Kevin DeShazo, Keep Chopping Wood
II. Moving Beyond Comfort
Which zone are you living in and leading from the most right now?
- Zone One: The Comfort Zone ― Feels safe and in control.
- Zone Two: The Fear Zone ― Affected by others’ opinions. Finds excuses instead of solutions and self-doubt gets the best of most situations.
- Zone Three: The Learning Zone ― Acquire new skills while extending beyond the comfort zone and dealing with challenges and problems.
- Zone Four: The Growth Zone ― Set new goals and conquer objectives while living your dreams and finding a deeper purpose.
“You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” ― Roy T. Bennett
III. The Flow of Purpose
May we honor those routines + habits that reconnect us to ourselves and support us in being our best, brightest, and most authentic selves.
- My purpose informs my boundaries.
- My purpose informs my relationships.
- My purpose informs my self-care.
Even if you don’t know your purpose, dare to believe that you have one, and get curious about what it could be. You don’t have to know exactly what you’re alive to do. You simply have to trust that you’re here to do something only you can do.
Devote yourself to being present, clear, and grounded enough for your purpose to flow through you.
Source: Jamila Reddy, Transformational Coach
IV. What We’re Excited About
Behind every big headline or emerging theme, there's the data that underpins the story. When we want to understand the numbers behind a topic – the deeper context that we can't get just from reading news – we turn to our friends at Chartr.
Their free visual newsletter is packed with snackable charts and easy-to-remember insights on business, tech, entertainment and society – in less than a 5 minute read.
Join 200,000+ professionals and get the data, anecdotes and visuals you need to understand today's world and get smarter in conversation at the office, bar and dinner table.
What do we need to learn in order to experience life's most difficult moments, and be able (and willing) to stay through them?
VII. This Week, I Will
- Move beyond comfort.
- Strive to get 1% better daily.
- Be mindful of the company I keep.
- Get clear on what I want and don’t want.
- Stop apologizing for protecting my peace.
The Last Words…
Interested in partnering with The Daily Coach?
Email us at [email protected]