"Life is like creating art, but most of us don't realize that we have control over the paintbrush. Instead, we listen to the instructions from others and paint a reality that doesn't match our vision."
The weekly Sunday Thinking newsletter is quick-hit content that aims to provide a booster shot to your thought process as you end and start your week.
"One of our fundamental needs as human beings is to be deeply heard, acknowledged, and understood. But so many of us look outside of ourselves to fulfill this need. We chase and climb until we realize that no amount of outside quick fixes can heal what must be nurtured on the inside. Once we understand this, wanting to know more about ourselves and our inner world is what paves the way for the inner work to happen. Truth reveals itself when you give the intent to know more."
I. Master the Art of Showing Up
Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become.
Mastery requires both impatience and patience.
- To have a bias toward action
- To not waste time
- To work with a sense of urgency each day
- To delay gratification
- To wait for your actions to accumulate
- To trust the process
Master the art of showing up. Time will magnify whatever you feed it. Good small habits can compound into greatness.
Source: James Clear, Atomic Habits
II. More Than A Coach
Great coaching is about managing attitude, behavior, and performance.
They call you “Coach” for name recognition only. The reality is your responsibilities far exceed coaching. You are more than a coach.
You are a:
- Believer in the human potential for greatness
Be somebody who makes everybody feel like somebody.
III. Good Vibes, Good Life
Each day is a new opportunity. May we hold these words close to our hearts:
- When you choose inner peace over drama, you're ultimately choosing growth instead of regressing to previous versions of you.
- The biggest challenge is often being there for yourself, while also being there for others and managing your relationships. Ultimately, protecting your time, space, needs, and energy allows you to better serve others, and show up in your relationships with more compassion and grace.
- Wisdom isn't held in what you already know. It's developed in your quest to learn more, your ability to dissolve what you previously thought to be true, and your willingness to create new ideas with what you discover.
- Faith means trusting what you cannot see. Fear means doubting what you cannot see. Both require the same energy and ask you to invest in the unknown. When it comes to your dreams, faith brings you closer while fear can take you away.
Source: Vex King, Good Vibes, Good Life
IV. What We’re Excited About
Start your day off right with Morning Brew - the daily email that makes reading the news actually enjoyable.
Every morning, Morning Brew summarizes the top news stories and delivers them straight to your inbox so you can quickly get caught up on the way to work or over your morning coffee.
Unlike traditional news which can be boring and dense, Morning Brew is fun to read and easy to understand.
The best part? It’s completely free and only takes 5 minutes to read so you can get all the most relevant updates and move on with your day.
How can I participate more fully in my own growth and inner expansion?
VII. This Week, I Will
- Act on my dreams.
- Prioritize my peace.
- Appreciate the little things.
- Empower myself and others.
- Choose to make this day a great one.
The Last Words…
"To allow ourselves to be truly in touch with where we already are, no matter where that is, we have got to pause in our experience long enough to let the present moment sink in; long enough to actually feel the present moment, to see it in its fullness, to hold it in awareness and thereby come to know and understand it better. Only then can we accept the truth of this moment of our life, learn from it, and move on. Instead, it often seems as if we are preoccupied with the past, with what has already happened, or with a future that hasn't arrived yet. We look for someplace else to stand, where we hope things will be better, happier, more the way we want them to be, or the way they used to be. Most of the time we are only partially aware of this inner tension, if we are aware of it at all."
Interested in partnering with The Daily Coach?