"One day you will tell your story of how you've overcome what you're going through now, and it will become part of someone else's survival guide."
The weekly Sunday Thinking newsletter is quick-hit content that aims to provide a booster shot to your thought process as you end and start your week.
I. Disconnect to Reconnect
Our choice is a function of expanded awareness. Let's give ourselves the opportunity to:
- Rest & Recharge
- Reset & Recenter
- Realign & Recalibrate
Your soul is waiting for you to slow down. You don't have to do it all at once. Release the urge to figure it out today.
Source: Alexandra Elle, How We Heal
II. Today I Affirm
Gentle affirmations as we embark on a new day and week:
- It's often our own thinking that hurts us the most. There's no reason to imprison yourself. Don't think outside the box. Think like there is no box.
- Letting go isn't forgetting, it’s remembering without fear. It's stepping forward with a present mind and a lesson learned.
- Our character is often most evident at our highs and lows. Be humble at the mountaintops, strong in the valleys, and faithful in between.
- It's funny how we outgrow what we once thought we couldn't live without, and then we fall in love with what we didn't even know we wanted. Embrace life's gradual evolution.
Source: Marc and Angel Hack Life
III. Interested is Not Committed
Ask yourself, are you truly committed or merely just interested?
- When you are committed, you find a way. When you are interested, you find an excuse.
- When you are committed, you do whatever it takes. When you are interested, you do what is convenient.
- When you are committed, you do it consistently. When you are interested, you do it occasionally.
- When you are committed, you take accountability. When you are interested, you cast blame.
- A committed leader feels the truth helps. An interested leader feels the truth hurts.
- A committed leader appreciates what they need to hear. An interested leader appreciates only what they want to hear.
IV. What We’re Excited About
Tired of searching for pants that actually fit?
unspun is an ultra-sustainable denim brand, building custom-fit jeans for each customer from a 3D iPhone scan. Just choose a style & fabric, and unspun takes care of the fit by designing to the unique shape of your actual waist, hips, and legs.
unspun guarantees their $200 jeans will be the best-fitting pants you’ve ever worn (or they’ll take them back and buy you a coffee), and are looking for a few early product testers to give them feedback on the experience in exchange for a $40 gift card towards your first pair– sign up below!
How can you be more clear about communicating your needs and wants to the people in your life?
VII. This Week, I Will
- Practice being more mindfully present.
- Remember, I am worthy of rest and self-care.
- Stop pressuring myself and start pacing myself.
- Realize I can’t change the past, but I can learn from it.
The Last Words…
Interested in partnering with The Daily Coach?
Email us at [email protected]